Onit was invited to perform as the lead organization for all back-end and front-end development for the entire GSI Ecommerce solution across multiple retail brands. This arrangement resulted in a 2-year partnership up to the point when eBay purchased GSI Commerce.
Key Engagement Features
- Engaged as the lead development organization
- Provided a proven turnkey solution for GSI to launch nationally and internationally
- Developed sophisticated Java based (Spring/Hibernate) code
- Simultaneously, effectively supported multiple brands’ ecommerce sites
- Provided faster and more efficient releases of enterprise level ecommerce for GSI clients.
TDD techniques and tools ensured clear communication between business analysts and developers to deliver business-aligned product solutions. A Continuous Integration (CI) process for delivery made use of automated testing to ensure a very large team was only checking-in quality code. These processes increased overall time to market, ensured end-to-end testing processes were tight, and created fast load times for all applications directly out of the gate.
Content and Creative Development
Summary of Benefits
During the 2-year tenure, Onit helped GSI to:
- Shrink overall budget by millions
- Increase speed-to-market
- Improve overall client satisfaction
- Integrate improved testing methodologies resulted in faster code, improved load times
GSI is a stellar example of Onit’s ability to jump in and get the job done. We provided excellent code in a turnkey process. Significantly, Onit was not only a development team tasked with getting the nuts and bolts ecommerce work finished; but we were also a business partner that helped them identify methods and areas where costs could be cut while increasing production. Over our 2-year tenure with the company, we helped them shrink their overall budget by millions while increasing speed to market and overall client satisfaction.
Ready to Talk?
DO YOU HAVE A BIG IDEA WE CAN HELP WITH?